Monday, May 16, 2011

New Kitty Update

The saga of the new baby continues.  Our original pick has not weaned and becomes very distressed when separated from his mother.  Our breeder being a wonderful person of integrity, will not release him before he is ready.  She is concerned for him and us.

 

So, she has another blue bicolor boy from another litter that is younger, but fully weaned and socialized and will be ready to go this weekend.  She offered him to us, rather than to wait indefinitely for the other little guy to get ready.

 

As we haven't held either of them we are not attached yet, so we will take the younger little guy.  He is still a top show quality boy and very loving and floppy, as is the ragdoll trademark.

Before I show you his photos, I have to tell you that I can not say enough about the integrity and compassion of our breeder Anne Paul of Cajun Ragdolls.  If you want a quality Ragdoll from a great breeder, she is the one.

And also before I show you the pictures, let me share Anne's note about this boy;

"BIG BLUE BI-COLOR MALE #1 BORN TO DAKOTA AND GERONIMO ON MARCH 13, 2011 AT 3AM.  THIS BOY IS INTERVIEWING FOR THE FOLLOWING TYPE OF HOME - WARM HUMAN BED WITH A SNUGGLING PERSON, LARGE FILLED FOOD BOWL 24/7, PING PONG BALLS AND FEATHERS FOR PLAYING.....AND OF COURSE A LOVING  FAMILY.  PLEASE NOTE - THIS BOY IS GOING TO BE VERY LARGE AND REQUIRE EXTRA GROCERIES.  THERE IS NOTHING LIKE 20 POUNDS OF FURRY LOVE JUMPING ON TOP OF YOU IN THE EARLY HOURS OF THE MORNING.  PHOTOS TAKEN 05/12/2011"

OK, now for the photos









I think he is adorable, and I can't wait for Sunday!

 

And just to see his pedigree here's Mom...Dakota Sunshine



and Dad.. Chief Geronimo



Hurry up Sunday!!!

 

10 comments:

  1. How cool! Can't wait to see him after you get him. What's his name going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how one will wean and one won't. They are all lovable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Different personalities, just like people. He's adorable and just waiting for you to cuddle with him.

    Seeing your gorgeous ragdolls really made me think we should get one (or two)! But in the end, we didn't. We gave homes to 2 cute cuddly kittens from a local animal shelter. Kittens bring so much fun into a home. Our Bonnie doesn't quite agree with that yet, but we're thinking she'll come around in time.

    Sunday's coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is gonna be QUITE the looker! I bet Chloe is on pins and needles! I know her Mama is...:::grin::::

    ReplyDelete
  5. If Dakota Sunshine was shiny, coal-black, she would pass for my Nicky. I know my cat's mother wasn't a Ragdoll & have no idea what breed her father was, but she is a black version of Dakota Sunshine. Lord knows, she's done enough flopping in her time and her favorite napping position is on her back with all four paws in the air. I've often wondered if she might be part Ragdoll. The pictures of your new little guy are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's so cute....that is awesome news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, he is cute! I hope he a Chloe become fast friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww.... congrats on your new baby! My own human baby (now 7 years old) was none too anxious to wean or be separated from her mama either... and I figured they are only babies for a short time so why force it... so I give your breeder credit for respecting that :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cutie! I perfectly understand why you can't wait for Sunday ... I remember fondly the excitement when we picked up our two kittens (sister and brother) 4 years ago. It's such a sweet, wonderful time - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's gorgeous and I'll bet you are counting the hours until Sunday. Looking forward to more pictures on his arrival and also what you are going to name him!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!