Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"High Noon" Background Work

Today I worked on the background in the red section...bottom of the quilt.  I'm using Superior's Lava thread #201 in this section.





And yes, these photos are true to color...they really are that intense and saturated!  If you have not tried Vicki's gradients yet, you really should treat yourself...they are absolutely yummy!







I like using a variety of background fillers because it wards off boredom :) and it add a lot of visual interest.  Here we are getting into the orange section..just as saturated as the red...love these colors!



Tomorrow, I'll switch thread color and finish it up.

And here are a couple shots of Princess Chloe...falling asleep on the job!



My sweet angel girl...

 

10 comments:

  1. Fabric - quilt design - quilting .....all truly gorgeous. Do you pre-plan all your background quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the quilt is breathtaking, but I'm blown away by your quilting. So Lovely...
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the different quilting in the background is stunning. I too would like to know if you pre-plan the background quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - I love all your fillers that quilt is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I love this Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilting and like the variation in your back fill. Very interesting.

    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what your doing Deb!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the best, another great creation. Love the colors and the quilting. I started my Indian but it is all hand done so will be done the next decade or so. Zebra finished finally.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always another great creation. My zebra finally done and Indian is in the works maybe it will be done in the next decade or so.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!