Terri made some screens of my drawings that I shared in my last post...and since then I've been drawing some more to burn my own screens. I also got back to work on my Wholecloth drawing.... In fact it's finished and ready to transfer to my tea-dyed silk dupioni. That process will begin this weekend.
This photo was taken at an earlier stage of development. The open spaces have been finished.
My father and father in law were, and my husband is an avid sailor. This is meant to honor them all. I call it "A Star to Guide Him" and it is based on a tiny 3 inch piece of an antique chart I found in the attic when I bought this house.
I supplemented the design with royalty free period ironwork and cartouche designs from Dover publications,
And drafted others myself with the usual tools of our trade.
You may recall all the hexes I made from the fabrics Vicki dyed for me...well all the hexes are done and now I'm auditioning colors for the background behind them. I want it to glow from within, so I'm leaning to shades of yellow/gold.. With maybe a touch of orange and/or reds... This one is too pastel and too green
I also have two other pieces in progress, plus Cleopatra on the frame being quilted...but more on those another time.
Yay!!! She's working again. LOL! Wow, that whole cloth drawing is fabulous!!!
ReplyDelete