Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Color Wheel for Kitteh!

Like most people, there are colors I'm drawn to over and over. For me, it's bright, clear colors and I have a particular fondness for the blues and greens.

But for this challenge I decided to resurrect an old UFO and do a color wheel. The markings on the lizards depict their complimentary colors, with black and white as my neutrals.  I had drawn the lizards on white PFD fabric and colored them with Crayola crayons. After heating to remove the excess wax, I fused them to the black background.

Finished size is 38" x 34".


I had fun with the quilting...marking only the  "frame" and cutting line for the scallop border.


Just enjoying the time...


Superior's King Tut thread "Cleopatra", and Quilters Dream "Puff" batting.


Be sure to head over to Fiberactions to see what the others did with this challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Fun! That is a great colour wheel and fabulous quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute idea....love that feathered cat. did bouree pose for this? hahahhaaha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!