Monday, June 13, 2011

It's a Yarn Day

My friend Yvonne asked me if I'd dye her some sock yarn in red/white and blue.  I agreed and this is what I got in the first attempt.



I like it, Yvonne did too.  But the socks she wants to knit are for a guy...a Boston  Red Sox fan.  Well, I thought that skein was a little bright for a guy, so I decided to try again today and here it is.



A little better don't you think, considering it will be for a guy.

For those who are curious... I used Dharma's acid dyes: Oxblood Red & Sapphire Blue; and added a little True Black to both.  I also decided to speckle the white sections. Here it is all painted and ready to steam.



Drying in the sun



And all twirled up and ready to ship...I really like the speckling...I'm going to do that again with other colors.

 



And then I finally finished my red sock!  My "helper" Bouree un-knit a section twice for me!   I finally started moving it when I got up...duh!



And I got the toe finished of the second one; hopefully I'll get through this one without so much "help" !

And I also decided to make some pretty stitch markers.  I usually use these rubber/plastic thingy's...and I still will.



But I like to have a totally different looking one to mark the beginning of my round..it helps when I lay the knitting down for a while and then come back to it...I know where I am.  Since I have a bead stash that rivals my stash of fabric,thread and yarn...it was easy to find suitable beads.  These take just a couple minutes to make and are so much prettier than the plastic things.  Just the ticket to mark the start of my rounds.



And for those who tune in for the kitty fix...here's Bouree



And Chloe..as you can tell, it's naptime!

1 comment:

  1. It's perfect and I love it! Great socks and markers....you're so clever. I have learned not to leave my knitting out. :)
    Thanks for the kitty fix.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!