Sunday, April 3, 2011

Unpacking

I'm gradually starting to get things in order here.  There have been many essentials to do... plumbing leaks fixed, drywall repair, hot water heater replaced, running AC up to the studio, screening in the downstairs porch, weeding the garden, central vacuum installed..just to name a few.  After next week, all the outstanding repairs will be finished and we can move on to doing the fun stuff like picking paint colors, getting new flooring, kitchen and bath updates... after we take a break to catch our breath.

In the meantime, the unpacking continues.  I've gotten all the boxes out, now I'm just putting it all away and getting things arranged like I want. The studio is mostly put away now...just a few things to put in place, and I still need to get my design wall up.  I'll be replacing all the plastic bins and shelving with nice cabinetry once things are more settled, but these are functional for now.  The best part is having it all in one huge room!

And check out this floor tile; it's in 3 of my bathrooms ...perfect for a quilters home! The hexagons are 3 inches, in good shape and a nice neutral color, so I may leave them...



I'll leave you with a few more photos , first of Chloe





and then some shots around the house















Have a great evening!

 

11 comments:

  1. You've gotten a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a nice house, and with quilts already on the walls, you're making it your own. I envy you the nice big room for your studio. Is it just me or the camera angle or does it have a low ceiling? Not that it matters.

    Tell Chloe she's a beautiful girl with those big, blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific, Deb! You look all settled in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You studio is fabulous and it looks like it was custom made for your longarm!

    Your living room looks so inviting and your wallhanging looks great on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a beautiful home and you studio space looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great. I see you found a place to hang your latest quilts for all to see. Can't wait to see your first piece from your new studio...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb, I am so sorry about Harry. The new baby won't replace him but it does dull the pain. Your new studio looks really nice. I love all your ribbons on the wall. Are you going to put out a DVD of all your Circle Lord classes? I took your basic unit one and it was awesome. Unfortunately, my machine has been in storage for almost a year and I need a refresher. Anyway, hope you like your new digs. I find your blog very inspiring. Also, it must be fun that your mom and Mary quilt too. My sisters don't know how to thread a needle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Michelle for the kind words.

    The Circle Lord DVD will be ready by the end of April, barring any other catastrophic events.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have done so much already...good for you. The house already looks like you have been there for months. I know you like to keep busy and it is better for you right now. Great news on the new kitty. It will be great for you and Cloe.
    Good luck with all else you need to get done. Remember one day at a time.
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new studio looks great, it will be so much fun working in a larger space. I am sorry to hear about Harry, he was a great cat. The new baby is adorable, Chloe will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!