I've been working on getting 2 new patterns ready for release in May, and working on a couple of quilts that have been in progress for some time now.
I also updated the photo galleries on my website. I've really neglected it, but soon I'll be back to adding content and tutorial videos regularly.
Today I ventured out to the local quilt shop for the first time... Mes Amis... just a couple blocks from the house. Terrific shop..wonderful owner ( thanks Denise!); loads of great fabric and friendly people. Bought a few yards and chatted for a while then came home.
Tonight we went out to dinner, to Mr Ed's...a local neighborhood eatery in Bucktown. I had the jumbo lump crabmeat au gratin, and Don had the fried oysters. My crab was good, but a little too much cheese...kind of over powered the delicate flavor of the crabmeat. I sampled Don's oysters and they were fabulous! Huge and light...a true treat for the palette. The service was excellent too. We will definitely go back there.
All in all, a good day!
I'm so happy you had a nice day! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you're settling in...you need to take your camera with you and share photos so we can get to know the neighborhood too....are you able to walk to the places or do you have to drive?
ReplyDelete