Saturday, April 2, 2011

Back to the land of the living, sort of...

I think if it weren't for having a house to unpack and put away, I would have gone mad by now.   The loss of Harry has hit me harder than any before him.  I'm still very weepy, but better today than last week.

Chloe too has been hard hit with this loss. She still is going from room to room crying for him...as you know they were inseparable...as Harry and I were.

But, there is the house to unpack and put away, and many jobs to be done...life goes on, though painfully and reluctantly right now.

 

After Sidney and Ira died we got new babies very soon...they were Chloe and Harry.  While they did not replace Sid and Ira (whom we still miss)...they did force us to get on with life.  They demanded so much love and attention, we had to comply. That in turn, slowly helped us heal.

 

So yesterday, I found a ragdoll breeder just 3 hours west of us.  It just happened she had new kittens. So we reserved a new little boy.  Hopefully this new little guy will demand much love and attention and  help all of us get on with living.

Nothing can replace the gaping hole in my heart from the loss of my sweet Harry, but Chloe and I have to find a way to stop crying all day every day, and to try and move from the profound sadness to a place where we can savor the wonderful memories of our short time with Harry.  I'm hoping the distraction of a new baby will help us do that.

He is only 7 weeks old, so we can't bring him home until the end of April, but it is something to look forward to.

And here are your first photos of him







16 comments:

  1. Oh, look at that bundle of cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's Beautiful Deb. I hope he brings lots of love and laughter to you and Chloe.

    Judy in MO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he's such a cute little sweetie. We haven't had a kitten around for years, and I miss that. All that curiosity and playfulness are so entertaining. That little guy will go a long way to mending your broken heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't mention his name....does he have one yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's adorable, Deb. Hope he brings you and Chloe much joy and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet, sweet sweet !! Chloe can't help but love him, too. May this new boy and God help you put another scar on your heart so you can open up yet another part for this new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweetie...I'm sure he will fit right in and bring you all a bit of comfort...I'm so sorry to hear about Harry... how sad. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kay in Scotland.....The Borderline QuilterApril 3, 2011 at 1:57 AM

    Oh, sorry you are so sad....but your knew kittie is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My Goodness. That kitten is the most adorable I have seen in a long time. I'm a dog person and these photos make me want to have a cat. Not knowing about cats, is Ragdoll the kittens name or breed? Sooo Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at that face! What a sweetie he is. He will certainly bring joy to your heart while it heals from losing Harry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a precious little sweetie! I know that one cat can never replace one that has gone to sweeter places, I've lived through that myself. But they do all have their place in our hearts and homes and this new little guy will certainly bring you some new joy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm typing through misty eyes for you and Chloe. But what an absolutely adorable baby you have to look forward to. Between your new baby kitty and getting settled in your new home, those distractions should help ease your loss. Maybe there's a divine plan in the timing of Harry's passing? Wish I could bring some warm cookies over...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh Deb he's adorable .......

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deb, you have been in my thoughts so much over the past week. I know how much Harry meant to you and you will never replace him, but I think the little kitten will go a long way in helping you and Chloe both heal and bring some laughter into your lives again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. He is SO sweet! Does he have a name yet? Heres hoping he and Chloe settle in quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Deb, so, so sorry about the loss of Harry. What a wonderful kitty he was. You know how much I loved seeing photos of him. Absolutely beautiful.

    But this new kitten is absolutely adorable. I hope he can help heal the hole in your heart. I look forward to seeing so many of his photos as he grows up and steals your heart!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!