The first thing I did was print some fabric. I took white PFD , a rubbing plate from Cedar Canyon Textiles, Portfolio oil pastels, and Jo Sonja's textile medium.
I printed my fabric by rubbing the oil pastels on the fabric placed over the rubbing plate. Then I used the textile medium instead of water to blend the colors. After that was dry, I heat set the fabric with a hot iron, then washed, dried and pressed it. Now the colors are permanently set and the fabric is ready to be used.
Then I cut some shapes out of foam, pulled out some of my previously dyed cheesecloth, and the other fabric and embellishments needed.
The cards are all together now and I'm working on the embellishments. I'll post them in a few days when I'm done.
In the meantime, any guesses on what my interpretation of "Fan" is?
looks like seaweed to me. gonna be great cards.
ReplyDeleteThe cards will be lovely. Thanks for commenting on my blog.
ReplyDelete