Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Couple of Projects

I have been playing in the studio this holiday weekend. Working on my latest wholecloth, the Seahorse appliqué, and a new design series.  This new series of patterns will be sized to fit perfectly on one of Vicki's gorgeous hand dyed fat quarters. The applique pieces will be large , so it will be a quick and easy project that can become a wall hanging,  a decorative pillow or even mounted on a canvas if you like.

So do you want a peek?  I thought you would, here you go a piece of the pattern.



So look for more about these later in the year.

And another project I've been working on is a small painted piece. A several months back, Irena asked if I would paint another small piece for her upcoming book.  She sent me a small piece already quilted...it is one of her digitized designs.  Well she needs it by the end of the month, so I figured I'd better get busy on it.

This is the piece as she sent it to me...it's all white...that coloration in the photo is from the light.



I added a little more quilting....and yes, I missed a spot, it has since been quilted in



And here with some of the color



Amazing what a little color can do!  Another couple hours of painting and this puppy will be done!

At first I thought the design looked like a flower, sort of. But the more I looked at it, it reminded me of a Ferris wheel, so I'm calling it "Carnival"

Hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend too!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo I'm very intrigued with all I see here. Can't wait to see your new pattern series. I think it looks like a fish from your sneak peek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carnival is going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see more of the design series. And the bright, vivid colors on Carnival are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!