Another day of record heat...blech!
But once again, all is repaired and now we have AC again! I sure hope that's the last day without. I'm getting pretty grouchy in this heat.... just sayin'.
On the good news front, a new quilt shop opened today in my neighborhood..."Gloria's Stash" and it is FABULOUS!!! THE best collection of batiks I have found anyway in one place...including online. I will be a regular there for sure! And it's just down the street...I can ride my bike! Though, I'll need a bigger basket,lol!
For my next quilt, I was missing two fabrics...I found them today at Gloria's!
and they go with these I already had from Sew Batik
Nice together, aren't they?
And then the finished top from my latest pattern for Vicki's gradients
with my supervisor Harry, of course! Now I just need to quilt it.
The video instruction for putting this all together can be found in the Premier videos forum on MQR. I just finished posting the last one.
And very soon, Vicki and I will have a kit for this and the moons available. So stay tuned and
stay cool!
With the mold count where it is right now, I would die without AC. I am still recovering from my visit with Gayle Saturday. I felt good enough to spend the day in the dye studio but I still have laryngitis - but then I generally get laryngitis for 1 - 3 weeks. Happiness for Chris!
ReplyDeleteThe new wall hanging is fabulous. That Harry is very talented!
lucky you about the new shop! Pretty fabrics, great pattern.
ReplyDeletelucky you to have such a well stocked shop so close, I'm envious. Loving that new wall hanging!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful...as always! Sorry about your ac. Glad you got it fixed.
ReplyDeleteUgh on not having power!!! Love the new quilt design.
ReplyDeleteLove the colors - how fortunate you are to have a new shop opening within bike range. Our best one just closed so am back to internet shopping (and I'm not complaining!). Love the new wall hanging - again, colors are spectacular!
ReplyDeleteI love that quilt. The colors are gorgeous. Those flowers have always fascinated me.
ReplyDeleteOh it is TOOO frickin' hot to be w/o A/C - hope it stays on for you from now on!
ReplyDeleteI could imagine how annoying it to start your day without the AC. It can be quite irritable, especially if it goes on for the whole day. Did you ever find out why it breaks down so often? Was it the air filters, or the electronics perhaps? Whatever that was, I hope that malfunctioning AC is no longer a problem now.
ReplyDeleteKim Laird @ Laird & Son