Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A little this; A little that...

Today was a busy day for me.  But busy doing what I wanted to do.  Nice change, I think I'm going to like it!  First I did a little work on the appliqué project of mine and Vicki's.   Then I worked on refining the drawing of a new design. And speaking of Vicki, her postcard for the "salt & pepper" swap arrived today. Very cool Vicki, thanks!

100_6975

After that, I finished up the quilting on a charity quilt pieced by a member of my guild.  I used the new Circle Lord "Spiro Thingy" Love that thing!  Fast and sooo easy, and looks fabulous. I posted a video using it on my website.

100_6974

100_6973

And then, I started quilting the little mini quilts for my upcoming class on adding color to quilts using Irena Bluhm's technique (with her permission of course).  I limited the class to 20 since I am providing the quilts to color.  I probably should do them all the same, but I'd be bored out of my mind doing 20 of the exact same thing,  so I'm not.  I'll stitch 4 basic "frame" designs, and then vary the details within them.   That way, everyone ends up with something a little different, and I don't go nuts with boredom. All of the"frame" designs are being done with various Circle Lord templates. I haven't decided yet what I'll do for background fills...got to get the main designs done first.  Here's a peek of the very early stages of quilting.

100_6977-1

100_6979-1

100_6980

100_6981

100_6982

And that was my day!  What did you do today?

1 comment:

  1. Your students will also appreciate having different designs to choose from! What did I do? Well, I had the third day of my excellent Paula nadelstern class, talked to Carol bryer Fallert about her best of show quilt, looked at quilts and bought a few things! Wish you and Mary were here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!