This was a client quilt and it was such fun to work on. Thanks Cath! Twenty blocks, so I did twenty different background fills and not a stipple in sight! Keeps it interesting and the eye moving around the quilt. You will also notice I used a thread that was several shades lighter than the background fabric; thus bringing the background quilting forward and making it another design element. Doing something like this does not work in every quilt, or even most quilts, but it is very effective in this one. The sashing blocks were simply stitched in the ditch. So, here you go! You can click on the photos for a larger image.
hmmm, wonder how he got upside down.....
and the back...
So, you see there are tons of ways to fill the background. This is only 20 of them.
I love all your background quilting. Hope I can get this good someday. Thanks for making your photos available to all of us. Is there a pattern for this quilt?
Deb how do you know when you can use lighter thread? Or do you just learn that over the years?
ReplyDeleteI LOVE IT.
Thanks! This will be great to go to for ideas. Although some of them are still beyond me. I'll have to practice them.
ReplyDeleteAwesome quilting!
ReplyDeleteThread and designs are so effective!
ReplyDeleteThat is just too wonderful. You are such an inspiration! I love it!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome effect each background fill has on the blocks! It looks amazing.
ReplyDeleteI love this quilt! This is inspiration at its finest! Wonderful job!
ReplyDeleteDeb, your quilting never fails to amaze me! This really is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteLove love love it! Your designs are always perfect and executed so flawlessly.
ReplyDeleteLove this one! You are so creative. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteDeb, you are just amazing - those fills are awesome!
ReplyDeleteIt looks really good -- I like all the different fills, just perfect for this quilt.
ReplyDeleteKeith will be gone -- Tues - Thurs nights so maybe we can get back to work on your site.
I love all your background quilting. Hope I can get this good someday.
ReplyDeleteThanks for making your photos available to all of us.
Is there a pattern for this quilt?
You did a tremendous job! Great fill choices for the blocks. I must go practice
ReplyDeleteThe quilting is great.
ReplyDelete