Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Finish

I finished the small colored piece. The pattern is from Irena Bluhm's book.  I did add a little extra detail to the center flower.  I used Derwent Inktense Pencils, and both textile mediums recommended in the book as well as the fixer.  I hate to heat set!  I used two batting's; warm & white on the bottom and Quilters Dream Puff on the top.  The fabric I used for the top was Pimatex PFD.  Turned out sort of cute.  I'll probably eventually bead the edge to finish it.  It is small ~15 inches square.

100_6755

And the back is a piece of fabric that I hand dyed last fall

100_6762

Now, on to the next project!

4 comments:

  1. The colors are really bright -- The ones I've seen before using this technique are kind of washed out or faded looking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!