Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Long Time No Post!

No, I did not fall off the face of the earth, but I have have been otherwise engaged.  Life has been busy and I've been having more issues with my shoulder.  But things are settling down on all counts now.

So what have I been up to all this time?  Well, since I couldn't use the longarm for a while I found other things to do.  I painted a couple more canvases and I did some garment sewing...more about that in another post.  In this post, I'll share the two new canvases.

First up is the turtle.  I posted the beginning of that a while ago.  Well, as happens on occasion, I really didn't like how it was going, so I gessoed over it and started again.  The end result is
"Trudy and the Twins"


The next one I did is "Olivia"

Both are 18" x 24" and are done with  acrylic paints and were fun diversions.  I've also been printing a bit with the gelli plate and even doing a little stamp carving to keep my creative muse occupied.

Just a  couple more weeks and I'll be ready to get back at the quilting machine. ☺



1 comment:

  1. Great great! I love the name Trudy and the twins. I can't wait to see what else you've been doing. I'm guessing you are anxious to get back to quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!