It's funny how my art imitates my closet! My art typically displays a glorious riot of color...so does my closet. When I opened the closet doors in preparation for this piece, I had to smile. Color...all colors make me happy. My skirts and slacks are mostly black, but my tops, scarves and shoes are a multitude of colors. All bright, clear color too...no muted or grayed tones, and only one pastel.
Since the longarm had a large quilt in process loaded, I decided to to quilt this one on my domestic machine...something I haven't done (other than straight lines) for over 10 years, and oh boy, am I rusty! Those are some pretty ragged feathers! But Bouree doesn't mind...he's already claimed this for his own.
I used Superior's Lava thread in the top and Bottom line in the bobbin. The batting is just one layer of Quilters Dream Puff. I wasn't brave enough to tackle my usual two layers of batting with the DSM.
Be sure to check in at Fiberactions to see what the other artists did.
That is SO cute!! What a terrific wardrobe you must have!
ReplyDelete