Sunday, August 19, 2012

Gammill's Quilting Doodle Stitch & Share Party

This weekend Gammill invited their owners to a virtual doodle stitch & share party on their Facebook Fan Page.  It's always loads of fun to see everyone's quilting style!  Since it's been a stormy weekend here in New Orleans, I can't dance with MY Gammill, but thought I'd take you down memory lane so to speak,on a tour of my own style of "doodle quilting".

Since all my quilts are art quilts...either applique or painted wholecloths, most all of my quilting could be called doodle quilting.  Just like I doodle in my sketchbooks, I doodle my quilts.

So hang on, here we go!

I doodled through the jungle at "High Noon"





and I doodle in the flower garden in the rain



I doodle in the dandelion fields under the moonlit sky



amongst the leaves of lime and feathers so fine



I doodle in frames to fill the space



And even kitty tails get a taste



But my last case was under the sea...I doodled fishes fat and thin



and even that Moray's den



I doodled sea grasses and coral fair



then I doodled some more in the octopus lair



And can you believe it? I even doodled the Queen's hair!



And there you have a peek back at my quilting doodles. I hope you enjoyed the look back. Be sure to go to Gammill's Fan Page and see how the other  Gammill artists doodle their quilts!

 

 

7 comments:

  1. You do amazing work, Deb. Your quilting is superlative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool to see so many of you quilts all together! I love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the whole cloth sampler. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love looking at your quilting motifs and designs. Your work is wonderful and so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Memory lane! So lovely, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deb -

    You do fabulous work!! I designed the fabric with the kitties on it and I wonder if you would mind if I posted your work on my blog and facebook page. We will definitly link back to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!