Then got out my "GO" diamond die
And cut those strips into diamonds in a flash!
Well, that's not going to be enough. But I have another 1/2 yard of "envy", so I cut that into diamonds. Still not enough! So I added a 1/2 yard of Meadow Sunrise.
Still not enough! But luckily Vicki had more in stock in her shop so I ordered another 1/2 yard of Meadow Sunrise.... AND a 1/2 yard of Blue Sky.
That will do it! Changing the plan in the middle of the process sometimes makes you say "what if?" That can be fun and sometimes creates a better design.
While I wait for the extra fabrics to arrive, I'll prepare my appliques. There will be 4 cats: all based on photos of mine...1 of Chloe and 3 of Bouree (I know, but he's always doing such stinking cute poses!) Want a sample? OK, here is a photo of Bouree I used.
And here is a screen capture of my simplified drawing in Pre Design Studio 3
So the kitty fabrics I chose are
There is a tree in the design and it's fabric is this
and the leaves will be from these
So I'm off to prep those appliques!
Great photo....I also like the one with him in the bowl. :) Can't wait to see the new quilt!
ReplyDeletei just love all your designs and can't wait to see this one. it's going to be sooo cute...i just know it. your models are so much fun.
ReplyDeleteWow....looks exciting! Can't wait to see how it develops.
ReplyDelete