Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Starting Work on Sadie

Today I started on Sadie.



I transferred the design to fabric and then outlined it all with soy wax to be as a resist.

Front after wax applied



here you can really see the wax outline



The wax has to dry completely, so I used the time to mix my print paste (which has to sit overnight), chemical water and dye concentrates.  Tomorrow, I start the painting.

Anyway, I had quite a few inquiries after mentioning soy wax in yesterday's post,  so I created a little video on how I use it as a painting resist.  You can see it on my website.

And that's it for today. Have a great night!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous video Deb! It's funny...I bought the same melting pot and soy flakes a couple years ago and I still haven't used them. Now you've got me wanting to go find them and start trying this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!