Saturday, October 9, 2010

And in Between the Fish...

I have been working on quilting this  since the summer.  It belongs to a friend and I had promised to quilt this last one for her.  She was very gracious and put no pressure on me , just asked if I could have it finished before the end of the year. She does the most beautiful hand appliqué, and it has  always been a joy working on her quilts.

So I have been working on it a little at a time.  Well, I'm getting down to the final stages now...the background fill.  I had promised her a peek months ago but promptly forgot to post a picture.  I did take a couple photos early on in the quilting process, but have not taken any since then.

Well Sherry, here you go.  This is what it looked like several months ago.





So how's that for a tease!  Won't be long now before you have it back.

4 comments:

  1. it's going to be beautiful, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're busy between dyeing, painting, and quilting. Do you have zippered leaders or do you pin and unpin quilts??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that is going to be beautiful, great quilting as usual but I love those roses, they look great in that fabric!

    Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful roses.....beautiful quilting.
    Looks like a winner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!