Friday, April 30, 2010

the quilting is finished!

Whew, what a relief!  Of course there are still a million things to do...trim,wash,block,bind; add sleeve, label and bling.  And attach the 4 Moon Quilts to the wholecloth.  But the big stuff is done! I feel as if a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

I took some quick photos... they'll give you an idea of what it will look like all put together (minus bindings and bling, of course).  The photos aren't the best but that's all you get until it makes it debut at MQS .

The wholecloth background ...I didn't bother to move the bedpost for the photo :)



With the  4 moon quilts sort of pinned in place



above Sultry Moon



below Sultry Moon



above Harvest Moon



below Harvest Moon



above Snow Moon



below Snow Moon



above Jellicle Moon



and below Jellicle Moon



Thanks for following along this journey with me!

18 comments:

  1. Deb, it looks wonderful. The black really sets the "moons" off very well. You must feel very satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! My goodness that's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a stand and stare of a different kind. My favorite is the Jellicle cats. I think I could get lost in those backgrounds. The diamond fill above the moon is so striking.
    I'm glad that the pressure is off for you. I just sent mine with UPS 3-day Select (arrives Wednesday)and UPS ground return; $79.
    See you there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, Deb! You have outdone yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see it in person! Hmmm...I'd better remind my husband that I'm going away for a few days...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Deb...That is just 'Brilliant', wish I could see that finished and in person!!

    That's just so cool!

    Best Wishes
    Kay in Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  7. What everyone else said......WOW! You never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your journey with US. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning, Deb! I cannot wait to see it in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've really enjoyed watching these come together! They are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely fabulous, fantastic, plus some!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eileen CarnevaleMay 1, 2010 at 2:29 AM

    They take your breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All I can say is WOW, FAB, I love this !!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful 100 times over! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful... I am still so in awe of your quilting....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!