Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Home Again

Did you miss me?  I had a nice trip and saw lots family including of course, my sweet grand-girls.  I took lots of pictures...but with my DD and DIL's cameras...none with my own.  Hopefully they will send me some of the pictures so I can share them.

Now that I'm back at home, the rush is on to finish my MQS quilt entries... and to finish the final prep for my classes.  I'm working dawn to dusk in order to get everything done by the shipping date that is less than 2 weeks away.

I'm on schedule so far, in that I have gotten a lot of appliqué done,  and should be ready to load for quilting by Sunday.

One of my quilts requires buttons (again). Not as many as last years quilt, and these were less time consuming to make.  But again, I made my own buttons...never can seem to find just what I need already made.

So, button pictures is what you get tonight.  This is what I start with;



And then add the charmeuse:



And they become this:



Add some swarovski crystals in colors to coordinate....



And viola!  Custom buttons.



Looks a bit glitsy now, but it works with the overall plan...trust me :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm loving those dressed up buttons. I can't wait to see your
    entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering what you were up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see the finished pieces. I l.o.v.e. the glitzy buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing. I really look daily to see if you have finished something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I did miss you. I can't wait to see the finished pieces.....you always amaze me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait to see the finished pieces. I l.o.v.e. the glitzy buttons!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!