Tuesday, December 1, 2009

NQR

I spent today finishing up my kitchen cabinets. My favorite colors are blue and green (though I love all color, and the paint scheme in my house proves it!) In the kitchen, I have combined the two. I also love the ocean and  tropics ; my decor reflects that as well.

In the kitchen, I have used blues and greens together in paint and wall tile. Even my granite counter tops have blue...(it's "blue pearl"). The floors are travertine...and are the color of sand.  Well the cabinets now have new hardware and all the upper doors  have their art glass "wave".  I love how it turned out and even Don likes it.  It was pretty easy to do, though a little time consuming.

100_7342

Excuse all the stuff on the counter...Don does probably 75 % of the cooking and he wants it all out.  So since he cooks, I don't complain about it...well, actually I do, but I  leave it out.  So while I'm away in Virginia this week Don will do all the ceiling repairs from where we tore out the old soffit and lights and it'll be ready for me to paint when I get back next week.

Now, I realize this is probably way too much for most of you, and I realize it'll have to be redone if we ever decide to move. My neighbor almost had a stoke when she saw it!  But it is sooo "me" and I love it!

And when I was taking a break, look who I saw in the neighbors' yard just on the other side of my sea grapes.

100_7327

100_7333

100_7335

100_7336

After his scratch, he'd had enough of the lady with the camera and walked across the street!

5 comments:

  1. If I ever bought your house you would not have to re-do one little bit of that... LOVE it!!! My style is also bright & funky. Hate the cookie cutter tan "Tommy Bahama" stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cool cabinets! Photos are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the cabinets are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they're kind of weird but then I'm way more traditional than you are!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!